Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dentist Day

Yesterday the kids had dental appointments for routine cleanings. It was Kelton's second cleaning (third visit though - the first visit they just counted teeth and got him used to things) and Kaylen's first. I was actually impressed that they gave her the full treatment - including x-rays of her front teeth (so, so cute to see her permanent teeth under the gum lines). The kids were both better than amazing. Kelton, being almost 6, I expected to be able to handle everything and he did in pure Kelton style! He loved every second of the attention! He went first and every now and again he would look at his little sister and say "This is what they are going to do with you and it's ok. It really doesn't hurt at all!"

After Kelton's cleaning and exam, it was Kaylen's turn. She climbed into the chair like a pro! She was incredibly cooperative though she was quiet as a mouse which I know means she was feeling very uncertain and a little scared. She was AMAZING!!! I was so, so proud of her.

Dakota reminded me that I could snap some photos with my phone so I did. I missed getting Kelton in the chair, though, which I'm bummed about.

I am happy to report that Kelton and Kaylen are both cavity free! YAY!!!!!!!

After their incredibly successful appointments they were ushered into the special room where the "toy tower" is located. They were each given a token and instructed to choose whichever prize they wanted. Kaylen spied her prize right away but Kelton took a long, long time. I'm not sure if he was trying to find a Technomarine watch or something equally amazing but he did finally settle on a parachute guy.

Here are a few photos I took on my cell phone:


4 comments:

Lynilu said...

In the first picture, she is grinning really big ... but almost a bravado, a cover up! Cutie pie!

Froggymama said...

I love the sunglasses. What a diva. I'm terrified of taking Froggy to the dentist. Pretty sure, she's a biter!

Brenda said...

Sweet pictures. I'm glad the dentist appointments went so well!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww such a big girl. Kelton behaves better at the dentist than I do!