Monday, February 11, 2008

Coming Up For Air

Wow. It's been a whirlwind few days - I'm exhausted and yet not all at the same time. Parts of it definitely left me wishing we had a couple Branson lots where we could just hide away for a while to regroup.

After spending 2 plus days scrubbing down the house (I think it would be fair to call it a spring cleaning but I know I will be doing it all again in six weeks when it is time to prepare for Kelton's birthday) we had Kaylen's 3rd birthday party. It actually went well even though I am a complete nervous wreck about hosting things (and yes, everyone was family and yet - I still feel anxious and overwhelmed). Once things got into full swing I felt like I could relax though I didn't completely relax until everything was cleaned up and put away. Everything, that is, except the enormous pile of birthday gifts. How could one little girl get so many gifts? All I can say is she is dearly loved.

I have more to say about the party - the entire weekend, actually - but I still need to upload the photos and all that jazz. No promises that I will get it done tonight but I will do my best. :)

4 comments:

Audra said...

I'm glad she had a great birthday!!!

Lynilu said...

OK, now, I can't possibly read a blog about a party without pictures. Harumph.

Froggymama said...

I hear ya. I'm the same about parties, even if it's just family. I realized I have a serious problem today when I was deep cleaning for the maintenance guy. Yep, I need help. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Kids parties ARE hectic but so much fun!