Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stupid Blogger

Oh man!!! I wrote a super long post and when I hit publish - it totally disappeared. I am so ticked off!!!!!!!

And to make it even worse, the spell check in Blogger isn't working for some reason so I copied the entire post into an email so I could run spell check. I deleted the email *right* before I hit the publish button on the blog. I could scream!!!!!!!! Why, oh why, wasn't the draft autosave working? It *always* works. Well..apparently not *always*.

*sigh*

I'm just too tired to try to reconstruct the post. Dang.

So. Not. Fair.

7 comments:

Perrin said...

Sorry Casey. That is so annoying. What's up with spellcheck? It hasn't worked for days for me.

Audra said...

Ugh. I hate that!

Shannon said...

Blogger sucks sometimes. Spell check doesn't work for me either.

Lynilu said...

Aw, shoot! Most emails allow you to reclaim the last deleted item. Did you try? But actually it doesn't matter. My gramma would have said "it wasn't meant to be published." Well, if she had known and understood blogs.

Spellcheck has not worked for 2-3 weeks. I sent a request, but got nothing back. Nutz.

Sheri said...

Sorry Casey. You're not alone in the "lost posting" arena.

Possible tip for the future ... if you cut/paste your post to email, the post may have still been in your "clipboard," as long as you hadn't cut/copied something else. So if this should happen again, try re-pasting the post. You might still have it.

Casey said...

Perrin: I have no clue but it's starting to tick me a bit. It was working fine and then....nothing.

Audra: Me, too!

Shannon: It actually sucks *less* than it used to but yeah, it does have it's quirks.

Lynilu: No..I didn't try. And actually, as Sheri pointed out, if I had just had the brain cells to hit ctrl V it wou have re-pasted it for me. DUH!!! I swear, by this time at night I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. But you are right - maybe it just wasn't supposed to see the light of day. I'm going to go with that - if for no other reason then to make myself feel better. :)

Sheri: I cannot beleive I didn't think of that. Of course! It totally would have worked. *sigh*

Monogram Queen said...

Oh man I bet we missed a good one. Our loss :(