Monday, February 25, 2008

Blah

I'm not really feeling up to blogging tonight - it's been a day. The kids were great (which is actually something amazing since last week was less than great around here) but still - life managed to give a few good swift kicks. Not the least of which is Kelton seems to have developed a physical problem due to stress and anxiety. I took him in for lab work today which came back clear so they are saying stress and anxiety are the likely problems. *sigh* I'll share more on that later - I'm just too tired to go into all tonight. He's fine though - and he will be fine. It is just a slight bump in the road. Clearly we'll have to find a way to give him better tools for handling stress because, let's face it, it wouldn't be our life if it wasn't stressful these days.

I'm sure wishing the family and I were on a nice piece of oceanfront property though. Somehow, the ocean always seems to make things feel more manageable. It's one of the places the four of us love to go to escape. Escaping sounds pretty darn nice right now. Family time. It's a good thing. :)

But - since we can't get out of town right now, I guess I'll go do the next best thing and climb under the blankets and watch mindless TV. A virtual escape. Hey - maybe what I need is a continuous play DVD of the ocean. Then I can virtually escape any time I want! :)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I would love to be at the beach now ... but, not in our cards either. HOWEVER, I thought you might like to check these out:
http://powerfloe.com/home.html
(Beach relaxation DVDs)
http://powerfloe.com/Photo%20Desktop%20Background.html
(Photos)

Audra said...

I too would love the beach right about now. For Dylan's spring break we're planning on going to northern california and on the way back we're going to stop for a day in Santa Cruz!

Hope kelton gets well!

Monogram Queen said...

Yep the ocean is a great stress reliever. I could live on the beach forever I think. I hope you get things straightened out for poor little Kelton.

Froggymama said...

Sorry Kelton's having a tough time. I still have a rough time dealing with stress and anxiety. So for a little kiddo, it must be a hundred times more frustrating.

And yes, the beach is a perfect cure for stress.