Sunday, August 28, 2005

Update on the garage clutter post from earlier this month

I'm on a mission....I'm starting to de-clutter the garage. Last week I went out there and packed up the three comforter sets, a duvet cover, two Levi jean jackets, a potty chair that someone gave to us that we have no use for and the old coffee table. Then I listed them on my local Freecycle site. ZIP BOOM BANG! Gone. Just like that. Everything was gone by 5pm the next day. Thank God.

Next I'm planning to list my old china hutch (which is a bit hard to part with since it's been in the family since my parents were married. I have no room for it though and it's sucking up valuable space and I really think it's time to let it go. No one else in the family wants it.). I'll list it in Craigslist and see if I can make some money from it.

After that's gone I'm going to start working my way inward. The one good thing about doing this alone is that my resident pack-rat won't be here to impede my cleaning process. :)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Oh I need your inspiration. Finally we rented a storage unit so hopefully the clutter will go there and OUT of our house and garage.

I hope your absence recently is due to your de-cluttering effort. I hope you are still with us and surviving the first full week of law school :).