Thursday, August 11, 2005

An Overheard Comment

"Mom isn't very nice."

Oh yes, that is what my 3 year old prince told his other mom tonight while he was in the tub. I was in the princess' room (it shares a wall with the bathroom) nursing her and that is what I heard. *Snap Crackle Pop* That was the sound of my heart breaking into tiny pieces the way only he can do.

D asked "Why is that? Because she didn't want the step stool in the bathtub and got upset when you put it in there."

"Yes."

*sigh* I hate being the mean mommy. It sucks. Sometimes I wish I could come home and be the hero - the fun mom.

In my defense, he had taken an old library type stool (you know the kind, round; sits on coasters but when you step on the stool the coasters sink in to make the stool steady) from the garage and plunked it into the tub that was waiting for him.

I explained why it wasn't a good idea (it was dirty, the wheels would rust, etc) but he wasn't buying. He was mad that I was taking it out. Then he was grossed out when I picked it up and dead bugs were floating in his water. I don't think he has ever gotten out of the tub so quickly.

So I guess I'm not very nice because I wouldn't let him bathe with dead bugs. Ok - I know that isn't it. I'm not very nice because I didn't let him have his way. Logically I know that and yet - it still hurt to hear his words.

Sticks and stones my ass.

1 comment:

Daria Schaffnit said...

Harrumph! Being the mean mommy sucks! Even when you know your kids are in full hormonal angst. LOL!