Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another Freakin' Leaking Diaper

ARGH!!! I'm so sick of washing the sheets and mattress pad for the guest bed!! The princess' diaper once again leaked and while I *thought* I was being pro-active last night by putting down a waterproof crib pad, I wasn't. The princess had rolled half off the pad which meant I still had to wash the linens. Blick.

We've been using the Costco (Kirkland) brand of diapers and while they work great for the day, they suck for night. I think I'm going to buy a package of Luv's in one size bigger and see if that helps. The poor thing is usually in her diaper for 12-14 hours (depending on how long she sleeps). I know what you're thinking; "Why don't you change her when she wakes to eat?" Good question. The answer is "Because she isn't wet yet." For some reason she stays dries all night and then floods out between 7-9AM when she is starting to wake. It's very frustrating.

Another frustrating part is that she slept poorly again last night. I know she is doing so many things that her brain is on overload. She is rolling over and over and over (she can actually go from one room to another in the blink of an eye), she is trying so hard to crawl (up on hands and knees (sometimes on the tips of her toes), and she is busy mastering sitting up. I guess I would be a restless sleeper too and yet still...mommy needs her sleep. *YAWN*

I'm taking the princess to her 6 month appoinment this afternoon. Grandma is coming over to take care of the prince as it's a lot to deal with both of them and listen to the doctor. Plus, it's shot day which is no fun for anyone. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

em1__mak2 said...

I'm still having diaper battles myself and I wish we could be done with them already. Haven't started officially potty training yet with all the big changes, but soon... SOON!

I've been a die-hard Cruisers user for years, but now I just can't afford them at nearly $20 for a pack that lasts a week and they're too small. They look like speedos on Milo, leave chafe marks and rashes now, too.

So back to Luvs we went and sure enough the old night leaking problem has returned. Great during the day, terrible at night. Where's that money back guarantee?

White Cloud diapers are a happy medium, if you haven't tried them. They run a bit larger than Pampers, come in bigger packs, are stretchy, hypoallergenic and cost way less than Cruisers and don't fall apart like Huggies. Only thing I don't like about them is the bulk. Not nearly so trim as the other brands. Oh yeah and you can only get them at Walmart. Trade-offs, I guess. Give them a try if you haven't already. Milo has never had leaks with them and those diapers are about the size of the Goodyear Blimp by morning.