Thursday, August 04, 2005

I'm feeling old

I'm feeling old. A friend today was looking through our on-line album while talking with me on the phone and this is what I heard when she reached the prince's early months: "Wow. You were so young! No really - you looked so young then."

Ummmm....it was only three years ago.

My theory goes like this:
A) Children age a person
B) I was on the cusp of losing my youthful looks and now that I am *gulp* 40, I'm an old hag

Anyone want to vote the A option with me?

I know this for sure - I had three, count 'em, three gray hairs before the prince. In the following years I have given up being able to count them all.

I guess she's right. I used to look young and now I'm just old. Somehow, that didn't really make my day. *sigh*

4 comments:

Estelle said...

I did not say you looked young! You said you looked young, and I simply smiled and nodded. I said you looked really femme, which is probably more of an insult :)
You're not old. You're older than me (most everyone is) but you're younger than my parents!

Casey said...

"Older than me but younger than my parents"

*pulling a knife out of my heart*

Here. I think this belongs to you.

Laura said...

I think you look damn wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just saying that, I really do.

Uh, Estelle, how old are you? Casey, you are *alot* younger than my parents, lol .Mom is 65 today and dad is 78, and dad was 45 when I was born. If anything both my parents always said they thought we kept them younger.

Casey said...

I think E's parents had her when they were *really* young.

And thanks, Laura. :)