Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Love eBay!

There. I've said it. I love eBay. Mostly I love to shop for clothes for the kids but this week I've been selling stuff. The auctions just closed about an hour ago and all eight items sold. Yippie!! What was I selling? A few outfit of the princess' 3-6 month clothes (which I removed from her closet last week).

It doesn't seem like much, I know, but there is something fun in having people buy stuff I list. I still enjoy the game and rush of winning auctions. Let me share a quick tid-bit about the down comforter I bought for $16.00 that I really didn't need....I got caught up in the frenzy. *grin* Sometimes I will find an item that I like and would buy if the price were low enough but when I bid I immediately get outbid by someone who listed the highest amount they are willing to pay. So.....I'll bid again to see if I can jack up the price on them - I know, I know....it's not very nice but think of the seller. You KNOW they're happy. It's a gamble and sometimes I win and sometimes I end up with a down comforter. :)

Anyway...back to my original train of thought....I love eBay. I didn't make a ton of money but each thing sold for more than I would have priced at a garage sale so I'm pretty happy. Besides, now I can go shopping for some more stuff for the kids. :)

(Tracey, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you I listed some stuff but if it helps ease the disappointment at all, the mail carrier should be dropping something off at your house this week.)

Anyone else love eBay as much as me? Now I just have to find time to list the rest of the stuff I still have sitting here. Fun fun fun!

1 comment:

gabrielle said...

we have a nz site trademe.co.nz which is the equivalent to ebay and we are addicted to selling and buying, have just finished selling Harriets stuff, we divided into two piles, stuff we couldn't bear to part with incase ang has a girl in the future and stuff we could so we could fund some buying for baby boy