Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm Jealous Of My Three Year Old

How sad does *that* sound? Jealous of a three year old. I can hear you all snorting. But come on - admit it. There is good reason to be jealous:

someone else makes all your food and cleans up all your mess
someone else worries about how to get you the things you need
You don't even realize you "need" anything
someone else pays the bills to keep a roof over your head
they don't even know what "keep a roof over your head" means
they get to nap
after a warm bath they are put to bed with a story, a hug and a kiss
they find happiness in the simple things
and the list goes on........

But those aren't the reasons I'm jealous. I'm jealous beyond all reason because my three year old prince can make my 6 month old princess laugh like crazy. All he has to do it walk into the room and she bursts into side splitting laughter. It's the kind of laugh that you can't help but join.

I love it - and it makes me a bit sad all at the same time. *I* want to make her laugh that way. I want her to light up the way she does with him when she sees me. She does to some extent but not nearly the way she does with the prince.

I'm so happy that they adore each other. And when they snuggle up close to one another and she puts her tiny hands on his face.....my heart breaks into a million happy pieces and I know that as hard as it is THESE are the moments that make it all worth while.

So yeah - I'm jealous of the laughter he evokes but I'm so blessed to have these two that I forgive him for stealing what should be mine. :)

2 comments:

Estelle said...

I'm jealous of him too. I'm also jealous of you for having these two wonderful kids :)

Lois said...

Don't be jealous, just remember this when he is beating her up a few years from now. :)

I actaully have the same thing at my house, no one can make Isaac laugh the way Sam can.