Friday, August 12, 2005

Notes from the Beach

I was able to steal a few minutes here and there to write posts while I was at the beach. My goal had been a little something every day but...well....you know what they say about the best laid plans. :)

We had a great time though I will admit it was stressful and not at all relaxing. There is just something about being in a small hotel room with two small children, two adults and the boat load to crap we had along with us. Turns out I could have packed half of what I did as it was never warm enough for most of the outfits I packed for the kids and since I ended up doing laundry TWO times in 5 days, I really could have packed two outfits for myself, D and the prince and five outfits for the blow-out queen (Kirkland brand diapers....now there's a post for later this week. Hate them, hate them, hate them!).

Oh - and I didn't need to stack of magazines or the Harry Potter book I took. I didn't even have time to finish reading one magazine let alone the seven I foolishly thought I would thumb through. (Note to self: need to write a post on the stack of magazines that my mom always had on the dining room shelf. I never understood why she had that pile year after year after year. I understand now.)

And the stash of kid-friendly food we bought before leaving...we didn't need that either after all, the housekeeping staff threw away the entire grocery bag of food that we had sitting on top of the mini-fridge. Grrrrrrr.

We had two friends from Illinois fly out to join us for half of our vacation. That was both fun and a little frustrating but again, that's a post in and of itself.

We had a good time though - the prince loved the beach, the toy store and the arcade the best. And my favorite moment was when he took my hand and said "Mama, come on the beach with me. You haven't been yet." and then we walked down to the water and played in the surf until we were drenched. It was the best and I am so, so lucky.

No comments: