Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yowsa!

I'm busy these days. I really thought when Kelton was in school full time that I would struggle to fill the hours for Kaylen and myself but nope - before I turn around twice, it's time to go meet the school bus and start all the evening craziness. I'm just not sure where the time goes.

I'm still struggling with my cold but at least the sore throat part only lasted about 24 hours. I'm grateful for that as I really do not enjoy the sore throat experience. Ever. Now I have congestion and a cough and my sinus' literally feel like they are going to explode. Cold medicine and I are not the friendly sort (it makes me feel way too strange) so I just deal. No fun but I find comfort in counting the days...three days coming, three days staying and three days leaving. Except the cough. Which I am sure I will have until spring as is the case every autumn.

Tonight I have a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) meeting and since the president is going to be late, I get the run the thing. Joy. I guess it's ok though since my name appears on the agenda over and over and over again. :)

Tomorrow I am packing up and heading out for my very first weekend with friends. It's strange actually and I find I have a bit of anxiety over leaving. I know the kids will be in the excellent hands of the only other person on this earth who lives them as fiercely as I do but it's strange knowing it won't be *my* hands. See - I've never, ever, ever been away from the kids for more than a few hours (well - there was the three days away from Kelton (though I saw him each and every day) when Kaylen was born but I'm not convinced that really counts). And I have never been away for Kaylen. But something tells me I won't need a GPS to find my way back to them. :)

We will all be fine. This I know. It's just weird. I have to say though - I am already looking forward to the looks on their faces when they see me on Sunday. :) Sure- they might be more interested in the gift I promised each of them but I'll just pretend their squeals of glee are for me.

For the past couple of days I have been preparing them and I think we are all as ready as we can be. Kaylen has moments of getting teary when she talks about it but then I remind her of all the fun things Mama has planned for them and she perks right back up.

So where am I going? A few friends and I are escaping to the coast to stay in the beach home of one friend's father. I think it will be a really great time! It's the beach - what's not to love? :)

(and yes, I watched the debate. I have nothing to add that I haven't already said except: Friends don't let friends vote Republican. *grin*)

4 comments:

Non-Offending Parent said...

Casey,
Have a fantastic trip! I need to plan something like that. :)

Can you believe that we are down to one semester and a bit of law school yet to go? This time has flown.

Sorry to be so out of touch.

Jennifer

Mimi said...

my daughter and her husband just left last thursday thur Sunday for the first time since their daughters have been born (one is 2 1/2 and the other is 10 months) they were more upset than the children....they will be ok...

Tanya said...

Lucky you, have a great time. I have yet to be away over night from J either.

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I know it's hard but you have to have "away time" to be a good parent too. Smart that you realize that.. but it is hard being away from them isn't it?!