Monday, October 27, 2008

Nothing New

I have nothing new to report today. Kaylen is still sick but tried her hardest to pretend she wasn't. That included talking me into a bike ride around the neighborhood. We didn't' actually make it all the way - not even half way really - before she finally admitted to needing to go home to rest. I have to give her credit though - she made it much further than I thought she would.

She is so tired of feeling yucky and sure don't blame her. I'm wishing for a passport to good health soon. We all deserve a break. This cold/croup/.crappy feeling has been in our house long enough now. Time for it to move along.

I have both kids sleeping in Kaylen's room tonight with the cool air humidifier going full blast. Hopefully that will help both of them (because oh yes - I forgot to mention; Kelton came home with a cough and sounds a bit stuffy AGAIN. Can you say "home school" with me. Ugh!).

It's only October, people. This is ridiculous. Might this be "The Halloween That Wasn't" for my kiddos? I sure hope not - they have really been looking forward to Halloween. Come on germs - go bug someone else!

3 comments:

SJayneI said...

Awe.........I feel so bad for sick kids, especially when it means they miss something fun!

Tina said...

I'm suffering right along with you. UGH!! I got out the bucket and bleach water yesterday and wiped down every doorknob, light switch and any conceivable place that we touch. Hopefully, like you said, these bugs will bug someone else.

Kristen said...

Not Kelton too...again! I'm sure they will make a miraculous recovery for trick or treating, then back to the sick bed :)