Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Island Life

I now, I know - you're missing me and wondering where I am disappeared to, right? Yeah well - a girl can dream that she is missed. :)

We're up visiting my family and having a great time. Right now I can hear everyone downstairs playing the Wii Mario Cart game and after they have had enough of that we're going to head out to a local beach to explore. Yesterday we were supposed to go to the local children's museum but after getting there, we discovered it was closed on Mondays. Nice. Since we were meeting cousins we ended up at the McDonald's play land for a bit and then moved to a park that had a free petting farm. So much fun! A baby cow licked my hand but really went to town loving up Kelton. So cute but sadly, not knowing the fun times we would encounter, I left the camera in the car. Bummer because those would have been some great photos. :)

From there we headed over to my sisters and abandoned, I mean lovingly dropped off, the children. Dakota and I ran as fast as we could...err...I mean drove safely and slowly, to the local outlet mall and enjoyed some child-free shopping time. Picked up some back to school clothes for the boy and a few things for Dakota. It was a nice break and something we rarely get. (Thanks, sister of mine!)

Then it was back to my sisters house for a family evening of fun, dinner and birthday party for my nephew who turns three on Thursday. It was a lot of fun and hard to leave at the end of the night.

So - all in all, we're having a fabulous, albeit exhausting, time! I love being up here. It will always be home to me.

8 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you're getting some rest and relaxation!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

-I ordered from this website for school http://www.lovablelabels.ca/ShoppingCart.aspx


Emily

Mimi said...

I missed you

Melanie said...

I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves! And yes, you ARE missed!

Catherine said...

Sounds like a nice time. Especially, the child free shopping!

amy4 said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Where does your sister live? We moved from Renton two years ago - just wondering if the Children's Museum you were talking about is at the Factoria Mall. It's a great one! I miss it!

Monogram Queen said...

Hey y'all WERE missed!!!
So glad you are getting some needed free and family time!

Casey said...

Thanks everyone! And Amy, my sister is north of Seattle (as is my dad and brother). We really enjoy the Everett Children's Museum. It is really great and I highly recommend it.