Saturday, August 09, 2008

Coffee, Anyone?

I'm tired. More than tired...exhausted. We have been on the go for a week solid now with precious little downtime. I so completely get why people have espresso makers in their house. My little coffee maker is having a hard time keeping up with the daily caffeine requirements of both Dakota and I.

Let's see....last Saturday we went to the new park grand opening, cleaned the house from top to bottom and packed. Sunday we drove to my brother's house making a stop to see my sister on the way. That afternoon there was a family gathering at James' house. Monday we met cousins for playtime and then dropped the kids with my sister while Dakota and I slipped away for a few hours. Then back to my sisters for a much larger (than the night before) family gathering. Tuesday we went to the beach, to Chuck E. Cheese (to play games) and then out to dinner. Wednesday we drove 5 hours home, unpacked, settled in and then went out to Azteca for dinner. Thursday we went to the Children's Museum and to a park. Friday Dakota and Kelton saw a movie while Kaylen and I went to Build-A-Bear and then we went to the river-side sandy park to play for a while. Today we ran errands, grocery shopped, paid bills, balanced the checkbook (well..I paid bills and balanced while Dakota kept the kids happy and busy). Then we ran over to Dakota's mom's house, then to Blockbuster, to the gas station and then back home. And Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights we camped in the backyard.

Can you see why I'm so tired?? So umm...yeah...espresso would be good.

4 comments:

Audra said...

WOW. I would be tired too!

Monogram Queen said...

"No rest for the righteous and the wicked don't need none" LOL (I forget what book that is from)

Sheri said...

I feel tired from our 4-day camping adventure ... but WOW! ... you have me beat hands down. I can't believe how much y'all packed into your week. Sounds like a wonderful week of memories.

Catherine said...

I am tired just reading it. Drink and extra cup for me, I am not aloud.