Friday, August 08, 2008

So Far Behind

I have so much to share - it's been a busy week - and the further I get from the actual days things happened, the more I realize that I need an upgrade of system memory for my brain. Thank goodness for photos. Those will at least jog my memory and help. Though I guess the downside to that is that there are hundreds of photos waiting to be uploaded and sorted. Hmmm...maybe relying on photos to capture it all might not be the best way. *sigh*

Here's what we did yesterday:

Yesterday morning we took a trip to the Portland's Children's Museum, which thrilled the kids more than I can say. They adore that place. We were supposed to visit the one in Everett while we were up visiting my family but silly us; we neglected to check the website to find out they were closed on Mondays. That will teach us. (I will tell you that for me, I think the Everett Children's Museum is much, much better than the one here. And no one is more surprised by that than me. Everett? But seriously - it is. So if you are up in the area, I would highly recommend it.) So anyway, we went to our Children's Museum and spent 2.5 hours playing and having a good time.

Cool Slideshows


On our way home we suddenly decided to head over to Lacamas Park, a place I have heard about but have never before been. There was a play area but more than that, it's on a lake and it has a trail that goes completely around the lake. It's 1.2 miles and I am here to say that that is a looong way for a 3 year old to walk. But we all made it (with a few piggy back rides thrown in). It was beautiful - especially the waterfalls we discovered.

Cool Slideshows


By the time we left there, it was dinner time so we stopped at Subway (I cannot remember the last time we ate there) and picked up dinner. Once we were back home and unpacked from our day trips, Dakota and I decided to throw any and all sanity we may have had left right out the window. We decided to set up the tent and go camping in the yard.

Such a big day for us all....and you would *think* that the kids would have gratefully fallen into their sleeping bags and crashed within seconds but ...you'd be wrong. :) It took a long time for them to settled down but finally, they were out. Dakota and I set up the laptop out there and watched two episodes of Boston Legal before I couldn't stand being awake for another second. It was only 9:30 but we were all too happy to crawl into our sleeping bags and close our eyes.

What a fun-filled day. It's hard to believe Dakota's week of vacation is almost over. In two short weeks, she heads back to school. Where did the summer go???

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like you have a busy busy day!

I have decided where I want to live and it's on that lake. I want to wake up to that view rather then the dried brush on the things we call "mountains" around here. Is your view anything like that?

Melanie said...

What an exhaustingly FUN day - right to the end with the camping! :) Is that the Lacamas Heritage Trail? Did you start in Camas?

Sheri said...

I'm loving the photos of the kids making monkey faces at the museum AND Miss Kaylen the office worker!!!

Sheri said...

Ohh, and Lacamas Park is one of our favorites, too!!!