Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shedding like a Snake

Oh my gosh. My daughter sheds her clothes like a snake sheds their skin. It's probably not very nice to compare her with a snake but I think you might see my point.

I just wandered around the house picking up. Among the books, blocks, puzzles and assorted toys (Grandma was here sitting with the kids) I also picked up:

1 ballet outfit
1 pair of undies
1 pair of long pants
1 pair of shorts
3 shirts
a pair of tights
Dora two piece pajamas - in two different rooms
soft ballet shoes
hard ballet shoes
1 sunhat
one pair of mittens - in two different rooms

Our house is not that big. I was gone at my appointment for 90 minutes all told and the house was clean when I left.

I told you she was a skin shedding snake.

My sister says Kaylen's love of changing her clothes is payback for when I was a child and did the exact same thing. My mom used to wash all the clothes I would discard. She was a better mom than me. I just shove them back in drawers and closets. I mean really - how dirty can they be after that short amount of time?

I remember loving a book when I was a kid. I think it was titled "Mary Changes Her Clothes" My sister doesn't think that was the title but the gist of it was a little girl who changed her clothes a zillion times a day. I wish I could find that book and share it with my daughter.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Mary Changes Her Clothes by Ellie Simmons

Amazon.com doesn't have it in stock, but I did find the title and author for you.

Lynilu said...

LOL! One of my stepdaughters was like that, too. But she was in her teens!! Fortunately, she left her clothes only in her own room, and once in a while in the bathroom, to her siblings' dismay and disgust! She and I wore the same size, and I eventually refused to loan her any of my clothes because the wound up on the floor with everything else and got walked on!!

Good luck, Casey!! :D

A Jersey Girl said...

Casey,
I have one of them too:) And depending on my mood, sometimes the clothes get washed and sometimes they get put back. When I was growing up, my mom would never wash it if it wasn't worn all day and at our house you were only allowed one outfit a day unless MOM told you to change.

Emily

Melanie said...

Gee. That scene isn't famliliar to me at all. I wonder how many pairs of socks Evan goes through a day... little white socks, strewn about the house... inside out... constantly!

Monogram Queen said...

Mine does it too but i'm TRYING to drum it into her head, what you put off, you put away before getting something else out. Not getting anywhere on it though. *sigh* Oh well they won't be little forever right!

Amanda said...

You're right about the title; the book is SUPER hard to find. When I was a kid we had a xerox copy and I have never even seen a picture of the real book.