Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Deers Under the Tree

As I mentioned in a previous past, Dakota's mom and step-dad are getting ready to move into a retirement community. Since their house has been on the market for about a month, they have opted to leave the packing for the last second so the house would still have that "lived in" feel instead of "wow - there are so many boxes cluttering everything up" feel. As a result, the past few days have been hectic for my mother-in-law. I'm pretty sure she could use some Ephedrasil Hardcore to give her a nice boost of energy. As it is, I'm pretty sure she is hitting the coffee harder than usual. :)

With her move came the decisions of what to do with some of the stuff she is not taking with them. Among the things were a cement doe and fawn and a statue of a boy and girl. These things are now living with us and Kaylen couldn't be happier. The deers were here before (we bought this house from Dakota's mom when she moved in with her now-husband) and I can clearly remember how special they were to Kelton when he was little and it was hard for him to say goodbye to them when Dakota's mom decided to take them to her house. I think Kelton was 18 months at the time. And now, Kaylen is enjoying them. She likes to go over and pet them and the other day she said "Mama? Will you bring your camera here so I can take a picture?" As it turns out, she wanted to take photos of the deer and the boy and girl statue. I let her and she did a great job.

And I have to admit, it's nice to have the deers back. I've missed them sitting under the tree. :)

Small Deer

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

How sweet that the Deer are back "home"! Best of luck to Dakota's Mom and Step-Dad in their new home!