Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clothing Choice Ideas

Remember garanimals? Maybe you wore them as a child or maybe your child is wearing them now. They are fantastic. In the label is an animal and all the kids have to do it match up the animals to make an outfit. The concept is pure genius and I am so, so glad they brought them back.

Here's where I think they could improve their line of clothing: they need to make something like seven pants/skits and tops that all mix and match together (currently you can get a couple items that are interchangable but I need more!). They could make spring, summer, fall and winter sets and moms like me could buy entire sets. With those seven outfit choices, a child could mix and match and make untold number of combinations. There would be no need for other articles of clothing (well - fancy dress up stuff but in the day to day stuff - no need). They couldn't go wrong with whatever pieces catch their fancy for the day. There would be no more outfits that would make a mom want to stay inside with the curtains pulled. We could take our children out proudly and everyone could comment on how adorable they look. We could, for once, proudly say "She dressed herself!" instead of offering it as an explanation when people stare at, first our child and then, us.

And if you could see what my daughter is wearing today - you would know exactly what prompted this posting. OY! And there is no talking her out of her choice. Today is one of those days I wish she would insist on wearing her ballerina outfits. I've gotten used to the stares, the smiles and the giggles when I take her out all decked out in her tutu's.

So for everyone in real life who will be seeing her today - please remember I had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

Come on Garanimals. Don't let me down.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

now see if we had some money we could start our own line of clothes and EVERYBODY would love them and us....lol

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I have often said Madison is practicing to grow up to be a bag lady... some of her "outfits"... I feel your pain! LOL

I remember Garanimals I didn't know the still existed. Do Tuffskin jeans still exist?

Casey said...

Mimi: Isn't that the truth? :)

Patti: I did a quick search and I can't find anything for Tuffskin jeans. Sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

Toughskins-the ones made in 1974 and sold by Sears are still sold at Sears!

http://www.searsarchives.com/brands/toughskins.htm

I found them at Sears.com and the link above gives you the history of Toughskins!

Catherine said...

Great idea. My son mismatches clothes too, and sometimes wears them backwards!

Caroline said...

What, no picture? Her outfit must have been pretty bad. :)

I always giggle when I am out in public and see a child that is dressed very unique. I often wonder what kind of struggle the parents went through trying to get them to change.

Jen said...

This idea is great in theory, but kids would accessorize with pajama pieces and dress-up clothes so they'd still look goofy. BUT! With the Garanimals idea in full swing I could let go of my anxiety over buying outfits with more than one piece. Because if a kid ruins the shirt, and the pants don't go with anything else, I've just lost two items of clothing! But with your Garanimals scheme I'd still be okay.