Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby, It's Hot Hot Hot!!

We hit 101 degrees in our backyard yesterday. Today we are supposed to be 104 however recent information says it may get even hotter than that. UGH! These are the days I am so very, very thankful for getting the heat pump three years ago. We stay nice and cool in the summer. I spent several years dreading summer in this house and sweating buckets upon buckets. Let me just say again; air condition is GOOD! :)

Today was Kelton last day at his most recent day camp through the community center and while it wasn't the experience I had hoped it would be, all told, he still had a good time. Mostly though because, as he put it "The teachers are hot!" Oh yes, my son has already been bitten by the "cute girl" bug. And he always, always, always goes for the older girls. I can't for sure say he hasn't always been like this but he has certainly ramped it up lately. Just call him Romeo. He even tried to tell me that he was going to date one of the girls. I broke the news that he would be *at least* 16 before he dated anyone to which he said "Well ok - but don't tell them, ok?" Oh dear.

Back to today though.....being the last day, the parents and younger siblings were invited back an hour before the ending of camp to play in the spray park. We've never before played in the spray park so both kids have been eagerly anticipating today - and they were not disappointed. It was so hot outside that the cold spray (and blasts) were a welcome activity.

Brenda (her kids were in the camp, too) and I decided to cool down at one point and ran through the spray, too. We were soaked! No worries though, I was almost completely dry in less than 15 minutes. Did I mention it is hot here?

Check out the fun!

Kelton waving.


The spray park just waiting for the kids.


Kelton and Kaylen playing.



Squinting in the bright sunshine.








And because it's going to be so hot here for the next few days, we decided to run away to the coast where it is predicted to be in the 70's. Perfect! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I hate the heat. Enjoy your weekend. You earned the cool weather!

Audra said...

have fun!!!

Melanie said...

How come there were no photos of you & Brenda after you'd run through the water?!? Hee hee!!

Caroline said...

It seems that Mother Nature is a little confused. The weather in KC (which is typically like what you are experiencing right now) is cool, cloudy and rainy. No humidity. I don't been to brag, but I am loving every second of it. If summer in KC were like this throughout the entire summer I probably wouldn't bitch and moan so much.

Hope it cools down for you guys.

Monogram Queen said...

Well that was the place to be if it's hot! I think we have one near here but they call it a splash pad..

Sheri said...

Ohhh, a spray park woulda been lovely ... instead, I soaked my ankles in the blow-up pool on our deck. I hope you had a fabulous and "cool" time at the coast!