Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Zen Holiday

This year I am adopting a new approach to the holidays....I'm calling it my zen approach. I'm doing my best to go with the flow and not get caught up in the drama that usually goes along with family gatherings, shopping, decorating, the perfect holiday outfits for the kids, the schedule of events. I am trying to not let anything get to me because in the end, Christmas is supposed to just be about having fun and enjoying time together. I love that our Christmas morning is just the four of us with no set schedule. Dakota's mom and step-father will join us for breakfast but even that is being kept low stress. It's such a nice change - normally by December 23rd I am wanting to run to the Outer Banksto get away from the mounting pressure, hurt feelings, feelings of "we should have bought" or "should have done" - just all of it. By the time I was just wanting it over.

This year though with my new "whatever" approach I am finding that I am actually looking forward to it all. What a nice change of pace for me. :)

Merry Christmas to you all! May you find peaceful times in the days ahead.

No comments: