Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Enchanted


Sunday we took the kids to see Enchanted. This was a huge event for us - we've never, ever gone to a movie as a family and I am thrilled to report that we had a great time! The kids, while not perfect, were darn close and sat through the entire movie. At one point, I looked down the row (we were seated me, Kaylen, Dakota and then Kelton) and my heart swelled with happiness. Here we were, all four of us, on a new family adventure! It really was an amazing feeling.

We all really liked the movie - Kelton even asked if we could buy it when it came out on DVD (this after we explained that no, we couldn't stay and watch it again and no, we could go to the store and buy it yet). Such a fun time. My kids are really growing up.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Glad to hear you had a great time out, and that you enjoyed the movie! Missed you this morning.

SassyFemme said...

Yeah for new family experiences. I'm guessing that movie was a lot more fun to see with kids. We saw it this weekend, too, but I thought it was a bit too goofy.

Dakota said...

It was GREAT fun with the kids, though I admit, I would have enjoyed it even without them. It is goofy, in a silly, musical, fantasy-meets-reality, Disney kind of way, but that is exactly what it is supposed to be. Very fun with the kids - Kelton started singing along with the music. Too cute!

Audra said...

I really loved that movie! We have the soundtrack- do you want me to make a copy and mail it to you guys?

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for an afternoon at the movies! I have been toying with taking Madison... she is obsessed with A Christmas Story and watches it over and over but I love it too!

Melanie said...

Yay - I'm glad your first kid+movie experience worked out so well! We haven't taken Evan yet - so maybe we'll try this one...