Sunday, December 23, 2007

Vista Anyone?

Ok - it's time for the confession: I have a new computer. It became increasingly clear that the family computer was just getting too old and we were starting to have more issues with it then not. And yes, that's after we had the computer guy work on it, do a complete install and add more Dell Memory. In the recent months the CD/DVD drives started giving us error messages when the kids would try to play their CD-based computer games and I was getting "not enough memory" messages even though we had cleared off much of the harddrive AND installed new memory. And then there was the issues with ToonTown (Kelton's Christmas gift). When I realized the computer was almost 5 years old, we started leaning towards ditching the problems and starting over.

So - we now have a fancy-schmancy computer....and I am trying to learn my way around the Vista operating system. OY! Have I mentioned that I am not technologically inclined? Yeah - well...this should be interesting. :)

4 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

Yeah, well, we got our Vista 'puter in March of this year and I'm still figuring things out. Lots of it is really intuitive, it's just my particular machine (HP) that I'm forever trying to tweak. Have fun with your new toy.

Audra said...

My laptop has vista. I prefered xp, but oh well! Congrats on the upgrade though!

em1__mak2 said...

I'm about to make the big leap and get a new desktop for the first time in many years. The laptop will become M's new plaything.

I am planning to order a Dell with XP for fear of Vista. Is it really as bad as it sounds? I'm afraid I won't be able to transfer all my important stuff.

mel

SassyFemme said...

I think I'm going to switch to a Mac before I get Vista.