Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Port Authority Clothing

So what do you think of when you hear the phrase port authority clothing? I immediately starting thinking "Port Authority? Like Port Authority of New York? People want to buy shirts that say "Port Authority, New York"? Really?"

So I did a bit of searching and lo and behold - that's not what it means at all! Apparently it is a brand of clothing. Who knew? But it really does beg the question of why they would name it that considering I'm sure I'm not alone in my "Port Authority of New York" thinking.

Am I the only person who has never heard of Port Authority clothing?

3 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

NEVER heard of it and I "AM" from NY!

Dakota said...

OK - you have to check out the video if you follow the link on this post. It is about a stain resistant shirt. Who wouldn't want one of those....assuming it is not filled with toxic substances? (I've spent a LOT Of time on pollution control acts this semester.)

Monogram Queen said...

Nope I had never heard of it either and Yep, I thought Port Authority of NY!