Sunday, December 09, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree!

Our tree is up! The kids had such a great time decorating it and the look on Kaylen's face the first time she saw the lights on it was amazing and priceless. She didn't want to actually hang the ornaments, instead she pulled them out of the boxes, screamed excitedly for Dakota to "Look! Look! I love this one!" and then asked Dakota to put it on the tree. At one point I looked at Dakota and she had no less than 15 ornaments in her hands as she tried desperately to keep up with an eager little girl.

Kelton was having a grand time as well - he would pull handfuls of things out of the boxes and hang them on the branches and he loved hearing about how they all came to be ours. Our tree is a hodgepodge of collected ornaments through the years and they are all very special and have their own stories. I love that about our tree! :)















As an extra added bonus to our fun time, Kelton decided it was time to write his first letter to Santa. He worked hard on it, added some hand drawn pictures, addressed it, stamped it and mailed it. It was so much fun to watch him!



And this is the kids standing next to Roller the Polar Bear in our yard. The tree is decorated, the house lights are up and most of the gifts are bought! We are almost ready for the big day!!!




9 comments:

Brenda said...

You were busy this weekend! Your tree looks so beautiful lit up!

I love the pictures of the kids. They look so excited!

Melanie said...

VERY cute - and you are so organized! Isn't it adorable how excited the kids are? Makes it more exciting for us too, huh? Merry Christmas Casey!

Ace of Spades said...

Your tree and kids look beautiful. Looks like you all had fun this weekend. We put our tree up last weekend.

Froggymama said...

Great photos. I LOVE the last one. Kaylen's face is hilarious!

Sheri said...

Congrats on getting your tree up and settling into the holidays.

I have to say, my favorite photo is "Mr Icicle Earrings"! I may have some more icicles in my garage, if he'd like to try hanging a few more off himself (LOL).

Shannon said...

Looks like you all had so much fun decorating your tree. I can't wait until Erik is old enough to get excited about decorating the tree. I loved it when I was a kid. And how fun that Kelton wrote a letter to Santa!

Monogram Queen said...

Our tree is much like yours also. I'll have to get some pics tonight to post tomorrow of my christmas cheer!
I can't wait to do the letter to Santa! Tell Kelton he did a GREAT job!

Lynilu said...

Love the pictures and the accompanying stories. Kids and Christmas ... is there any better combination? Nah!

I got my tree pictures posted, too, but my process was not nearly as much fun as yours. Again, kids and Christmas .....

Stacey said...

Great pictures! I love decorating for Christmas and I'm right there with Kaylen. I go crazy over all of my old ornaments and Angele thinks I'm nuts.