Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Rain Rain Rain

Wow - that WAS a lot of rain. Rain is nothing new in this area - they don't call us the Evergreen State for nothing - but even I was blown away when I read the following in the morning paper:

"The city's official recording station at ** measured 3.52 inches of rain in the 48 hours ending at 8:53pm Monday. To compare, the area saw 4.3 inches in the month of November."

So to recap, we received only .78 less rain in a small 48 hour window this weekend than what was received in the entire month of November.

Seriously, there was so much water sitting on top of the ground that the kids could go puddle stomping right in the front yard. Amazing amount of water coming down in a very short amount of time. It's not raining at the moment and I can see patches of a strange blue color up there. But never fear, the showers are supposed to return later this morning. Showers though - not the downpour of the last couple of days.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

I don't watch news often. Just this morning I caught what is going in your part of the world! Good grief!! I just made calls to boy my girls in the Seattle area. No answers, so I'm guessing they are OK and at work. I surely hope so!

Monogram Queen said...

Whew y'all need an ark or at the very least a rowboat! Stay dry! Thanks for checking up on me :)

Sheri said...

OK, I love listening to the rain ... but, I was very thankful to see some sunshine today. My first "non-frizzy" hair day for a while (it's the little things that count--LOL).

Stacey said...

Sorry about all of the rain! I hope it clears up soon!