Wednesday, December 12, 2007

No more diapers

I find it impossible to really believe but Kaylen is out of diapers. At least, during the day. And last night she woke me up so she could go potty and then went back to bed so who knows how much longer she will need to wear diapers at night. I am actually quite surprised this time is here. She still seems so little to me and trust me, I did not have a hand in "training" here. This was all her. Just as "training" Kelton was all him. I just gave them a potty chair and let them decide their own time table. I'm so glad it was that easy for us.

Kaylen made the full-time daytime transition over Thanksgiving weekend (which ironically is the same weekend Kelton decided to be diaper-free a couple years ago. He left diapers behind at 3.5 years. Kaylen is a full year ahead.). It still seems so odd to me and I wonder how long it will take me to get used to seeing teeny tiny princess underpants in the laundry?

My sister and I were talking about the money savings of being a diaper-free household which I hadn't really given much thought to since diapers, and the cost of them, have been a steady thing in our lives for the past 5.5 years (not to mention I'm a bit in shock and denial that she is already at this point). I know it's not like American tax relief but seriously, every bit helps. :)

But wow. No more diapers. It's just so weird.

4 comments:

Audra said...

Aw! go Kaylen!

Sheri said...

Yay Kaylen ... now, can she come over here and teach Nick?

Monogram Queen said...

It was a red-letter day when it happened for us too. I still get a smile out of the little cute panties.
Don't know when we'll be out of pull-ups at night though. She won't give up her strawberry banana smoothie drink Argh... Oh well, baby steps baby steps!

Lynilu said...

Good for her! It is such a big step when they are diaper-free. It just makes everyone's life so much easier. I had nothing to do with my kids' training, either. They just did it!