Thursday, May 03, 2007

I've Been Tagged....

...by Patti_Cakes and it seems like a good diversion so here goes:

First, the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to blog about their seven things and post the rules as well. At the end of your post, choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog! OK, here we go....

1) I'm a bit (ahem....yes, I'm only claiming a bit. No comments from the peanut gallery, Dakota!) anal about things. Not all things but a lot of things. I think things should be done in a certain manner and that's all there is to it. So there. :)

2) I love, love, love The Gilmore Girls. I own a bunch of the seasons already (well - some were "gifts" for Dakota but we both know they are really for me. *grin*) and by golly I will own all of them before the year is out. And I am so incredibly bummed that May 15th is the last ever new episode. It's true - word came down today that the show is ending. It's just not right, I tell you. If 7th Heaven can still be on the air (and it should have been done years ago!) then this just makes no sense what-so-ever. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

3) I work really hard to be sure the house is cleaned up before the kids and I leave it - even if we're only running the grocery store. One of my biggest fears is leaving a messy house, getting hurt (or worse) while away from the house and having other people walk into the house to find it a mess. I just don't want people thinking "Dang - she was a slob! Couldn't even be bothered to do the breakfast dishes or make the bed? Lazy ass." Yes, I know. I need therapy. :)

4) If I were to win the lottery (which I'm told is impossible if you never play. Go figure.) I don't think I would go nutty and buy tons of stuff. I don't have a need for 5 fancy cars and a gigantic house. I think my biggest splurge would be a beach house for weekend/summer getaways. Nothing tremendously fancy - but it would have to have an up close and personal view of the beach. :)

5) I have precious few real life friends. Most of the people who I call friends are internet-based. I gotta tell you though - it's hard to have a summer bbq with friends who span the country.

6) I love to shop. But not for myself. I love to shop for the kids. I rarely ever buy things which are not on clearance or at a consignment shop/garage sale. I can' stand paying full price when I know I can get things for less....even if they are "pre-owned". Except shoes for the kids. I am all about new shoes for them though I still won't spend a ton.

7) I've been living in a hotel for 21 days (and counting). It's not as much fun as it looks in the movies. :)

So - who is getting tagged? Let's see...........Brenda, Caroline, FroggyMama, Mieke, Tracey, Lynilu and Holly. Can't wait to read yours.

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

Dear Casey, just know that I'm thinking of you almost all the time. Try to rest.

BTW, I shortened my name. I have the same conflict/confusion at times when I must use my legal full name (Marilyn) since I've gone by Lyn for so long. I understand the internal workings of that. It gets weird at times, doesn't it?

Again, peace.

Froggymama said...

I totally understand the 'not leaving the house a mess' thing. I'm always doing dishes two seconds before we leave.

Monogram Queen said...

Thanks for taking the time to do this. You would FREAK out if you lived with me!
You're ever in my thoughts.

Jojo said...

1) I certianly would have never guessed ;-)
2)Don't know what a Gilmore Girl is...am I sad, or what?
3)I used to be like that, and secretly, wish I was again!
4)Me Too, beach house that is. And yeah, I can't remember the last time I bought one.
5)Your welcome in Texas!
6)I vowed to buy all of my clothes (except undies) second hand for this entire year. Except for some motorcycle Tshirts that are location specific, I have stuck to it, thanks to some really good resale shops. I should blog about this.
7)Any hotel after 7 days, even in a great place, get tiring.

Thanks for sharing with us,
jojo

Shannon said...

Fun game, thanks for sharing. :)

Caroline said...

Thanks for the tag. I promise to get to it in the next couple of days.

You continue to be in my prayers.

One Boys Mom said...

Casey, 21 days!!! UGH, you need a distraction. Come back soon so we can have a playdate.

I never would have figured you a Gilmore fan :) Proud to be one of your friends IRL :)

Hang in there!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm playing here, but I'm not going to tag anyone else as my little 'blog' isn't really that kind of thing. :)

1. I have a complete inability to tune out noises, which makes me insane. Every time I hear something, it's like the first time, so heaven help me (and anyone else around me) if there is a lot of noise. I have to sleep with earplugs every night just to tune it all out.
2. I love reality tv. I watch a lot of ridiculous shows, including I Love New York, Charm School, and Celebrity Fit Club.
3. My house is drowning in clutter. D and I have talked about getting a cleaning service once a month, but before we can do that we need to de-clutter the house. Heaven help me, I shall prevail!
4. I get into frenzies sometimes where I cannot stop picking up/doing things for an hour or two at a time. Unfortunately these often occur close to bedtime, keeping me up later than I should be.
5. I am a recent coffee converter, so I am now fully addicted to Venti Iced Mochas from Starbucks. Waah, they are PRICEY!
6. I am an Ebay fiend. I spend probably an hour or more a day on Ebay during the week. I _watch_ a lot more than I bid on (thank goodness), but I do get a bit of a high from the challenge :)
7. I am a pack rat. I buy things and hoard them away for later. This is bad, sometimes I forget what I have until it's too late!

Hope that was a small diversion for you, and thanks for making me think of my own little weirdnesses :)