Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Every Day Drudgery of Real Life


There is nothing like it to keep you grounded. Before we left for Seattle I started having problems with our dishwasher. I believe it's original to the house which makes it about 28 years old so I guess it was bound to start acting up. I just have to laugh at its timing though. :)

For some reason, when I turned it there was no water entering the machine. I would fiddle with it and eventually the water would start. It was a pain in the rear but at least it worked once it got going. Fast forward to yesterday when I attempted to start the dishwasher after dinner. Fifteen minutes and a few choice words later, the darn thing started properly however when I went to unload it I ended up washing by hand a good portion of the load. Yeah - not my idea of a good time especially since the drying cycle baked things on really well.

After I put the dishes away I logged onto CraigsList.org to see what I could find in the way of an inexpensive but in excellent working order dishwasher. I lucked out and tonight we picked up what I hope will be an easy to install, excellent-ly working dishwasher all for the low price of $80.00. It looks great - if that counts for anything - and the people who sold it are upgrading their recently newly built home (evidence of remodeling told that story). It's only 6 years old and I am going on great faith that it will serve us well for years and years to come.

Now all we have to do is install the thing. :)

5 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Ooh good buy on Craigslist! I hope it works out wonderfully for you. I have a dishwasher in the new house and STILL haven't used it. I just liek doing them by hand and don't trust a dishwasher. I know, i'm weird!

Jojo said...

We had the same problem about 4 months ago. We managed to get it installed outselves, saving a bundle on installation!
jojo

SJayneI said...

I LOVE Craigslist!!

Sonya said...

Oh no - appliance problems stink. Good find on Craigslist! I hope it installed okay!

Casey said...

Patti_Cake: Seriously? You like doing them by hand? Ugh! I'd rather toss 'em in and let a machine do the work. I'm lazy like that. :)

JoJo: That's the goal! Saving every penny we can.

sjaynei: Me too!

Sonya:Yes they do! We're going to work on installing it this weekend. No sense starting a project like that after long days for both of us, that's for sure. :)