Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

And on a happy and uplifting note....Dakota made sure I had a really nice Mother's Day. I had gone out with the kids and picked up a card, a movie and a book for her but I had honestly thought she wouldn't think to pick anything up. Not because she isn't an amazing person but more because last week we agreed not to do anything since there was so much chaos taking place in our lives.

But surprise me she did!

I woke up to Kelton yelling "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!" I received three cards (!), a Starbuck's gift certificate and a Starbucks cup that I have been lusting over for months (it's the one that looks exactly like a Venti paper cup but it's ceramic. Just my coffee cup size...HUGE!). And even better - Dakota and Kelton had made me breakfast in bed. That was nice. Really nice!!

Sadly, because they let me sleep in a bit, we didn't have a lot of time to just enjoy the morning as we had to rush out to be at my parents old house to move the stuff to my dad's new apartment. Considering, though, that I had figured the day would be a non-event; I had a really great Mother's Day.

I hope all you mom's out there had a great day.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Well I am so happy that you had a nice Mothers Day despite everything. Yay for Dakota (and for you for being thoughtful enough to get her something also). Y'all rock!