Thursday, May 10, 2007

Status Quo

Another day come and gone. O2 level is lower, heart rate is higher but things are mostly the same. Her temp is holding steady at 101.4. They say she was awake for a few moments in the morning but mostly sleeping a deep sleep.

Today is my dad's 69th birthday so we all gathered at the house and had a party in my moms room. Well..not so much a "party" but we sang Happy Birthday, talked a bit and had the gift opening. We'll see if that is what she was holding out for.

We also moved a bunch of my dad's stuff from storage (where it was placed 8 months ago when they moved from their "independent/assisted living" place to the adult family home) to his new apartment. I think he will like it there - it's a retirement community but he has his own 2 bedroom apartment as well as access to meals in the dining room and all the great activities and outings that retirement communities provide. He doesn't need the care provided at an adult family home - that was for my mom so it just makes sense to move him back out into a retirement community to live. He is happy about the place and happier still that it means he can get another cat (his went to live with James and Cara when they moved 8 months ago).

Something good to look forward to. Always a good thing.

Tomorrow is Friday which means Dakota arrives for the weekend. I really thought we'd be going home on Sunday but my mom clearly had other ideas. *sigh* Dakota is taking her last final tonight and then she is out of school until late August. I'm bummed that we are missing out on the first week when she will be going home after work instead of going to school but I am hopeful that we will only be missing the first week.

I wish Dakota could just stay with us next week but alas, she is on the job trail (and doing well tracking down "leads") and well..it's not like we are swimming in vacation time anymore. So much for any sort of vacation this year. *sigh*

So there ya have it. Life from The Hampton Inn and Suites. Oh the excitement of it all.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm so happy that you dad has something to look forward to. It is hard to feel "homeless" when you lose a spouse; I know that. Having a fresh new place to start the next state of his life might help him. I know it has helped me a lot. Hugs around to the family, and give your dad an extra just for the heck of it.

Monogram Queen said...

I am so in awe of how you can make lemonade out of lemons. If I ever go through a crisis like this I hope I can look back and pull some strength from things you did.
Well... at least y'all did have your beach get-away not too long ago. I wish your Mom a peaceful passage Casey. May it happen soon.