Monday, May 07, 2007

Mother's Day and Park Days

All these Mother's Day commercials and displays in the stores are ripping out my heart. I'm not even sure why exactly since the holiday has always just been a "send a card and make a call day" but this year it's just hitting me hard. My mom will most likely be gone by Sunday and I will never again buy a Mother's Day card for my mom. Weird. I had no idea when I picked out the card last year that it would be the last time.

I'm having a hard day today.

*deep breath*

And since I'm really great at denial and avoidance.....here are a few pictures that Dakota took at the park Saturday and a few that I took at a different park this afternoon. The weather today has been amazing! We stayed around 70 today which is quite the change from the 50-60 degree days that have been the norm. I hear it's even warmer at home.

Saturday's park adventure:





Today's park adventure:

7 comments:

SJayneI said...

I had that very same thought today. It's funny how meaningful a simple card is. My sister lost her mother -in-law today, which means my teenage neices and nephew lost both of their young (they were both 59) grandmothers within 6 months. I will spend Mother's Day at the cemetary this year.

Please know that your and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that my comments are not depressing for you.

Casey said...

sjaynei: I am sorry about your sisters mother-in-law and I am really sorry for your neices and nephews. It's hard to lose grandmothers. And no, your comments are not depressing for me. Thanks for being here and I am really, really sorry about your mom.

Monogram Queen said...

I am so sad for you Casey. I wish you peace but I know you are full of turmoil and will continue to be. I hope your Mom doesn't suffer much longer.
Just think of it this way, you're Mom will be physically gone but she will still live on through you, being the fabulous, wonderful, marvelous Mom that you are to your kids. What a legacy!

Holly said...

Casey, I am so sorry and don't really have words to write down and make everything better.

I just hope you can enjoy some time with your mother before she is gone. I guess Mother's Day is a day to recognize our moms, but it is just a day, right? (Maybe someday, I'll share why my birthday is so painful.)

I watched two people I cared deeply for die of dreadful diseases in the past 3 years. I don't know if this is any comfort at all to you, but while I didn't want them to leave me (for my needs) I wish now that they died quicker without the pain and suffering.
I wish you and your family, especially your mom, some peace.

One Boys Mom said...

Casey...I'm so sorry. I can't imagine being in your position right now. hugs.

Sonya said...

You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Celebrate Mother's Day with your mom before Sunday. Get that one last opportunity in. If she's not able to read the card, read it to her. She'll hear your words. She'll know and you'll know.

Dee said...

How sweet are you to be checking on us in spite of everything you have going on. Thank you. I'm also checking in on you several times a day to make sure I know how you're doing. Please know you're in my thoughts during this incredibly difficult time for you.

My heart totally breaks for you and the thought your mom most likely will be gone by Mother's Day. Mother's Day can always be your special day to celebrate your mom even after she's gone.

Love the park pictures! Your kids always look so loved and happy. You're really great moms!