Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Poor Babies

My kids were both conked out by 6:15 tonight. They are beyond exhausted so we stayed in this afternoon and just hung out watching tv, playing and getting laundry done. After an early dinner and early bath I read them their stories and turned out the lights. Kaylen was asleep before I finished the first of two chapters in "Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing". Kelton was out just moments after closing the book.

But it has been anything but quiet. They are both jabbering away in their sleep (this has actually been going on for the past few nights). Kelton is just saying non-sensical things but Kaylen is clearly having nightmares of some sort. Yelling out for me, screaming "NO! GO AWAY! MOMMY!!!" and "Rainy day, watch Barney. No sunny day, rainy day." It's the squirming and yelling out for me that get me though. Poor little girl. She really is at her wits end with being able to deal with things.

Hopefully she will get a good amount of decent sleep (and me, too). Goodness knows all three of us need some good quality rest.

Here's hoping.

7 comments:

Froggymama said...

It's amazing how much kids pick up on. When life is stressful in our home, Froggy pats me on the back, or hugs my leg. They are so aware. I'm thinking of you all. Take care of yourselves!

Monogram Queen said...

Hopefully you will get back to a semblance of normalcy soon.
Hugs Honey.

Unknown said...

Poor kiddos! I'm glad they got some rest, and I hope you did too. I find when mine talk that much in their sleep, its because their brains are on overload.

*hugs* take care.

Caroline said...

Poor Kaylen. I hope the three of you were able to get a good nights rest.

One Boys Mom said...

Sorry it's been such a tough few weeks :( Hang in there. Sorry i've been such a slacker on the comments.

Stacey said...

Big hugs to you and your family!!!

Jojo said...

Thank God kids have the ability to shut down and get what they need, rest!
You are still in our prayers!
jojo