Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Conversation with the Boy Child

Him: Mom - you have the easiest job EVER.

Me: I do? *asked with a bit of shock in my voice*

Him: Yep. All you have to do is take care of us. That's not hard. It's not even really a job. Mom (Dakota) has a MUCH harder job than you. You don't even work.

Me: Wanna bet?

Him: Mom makes all the money so it's her money.

Me: Nope. It doesn't work that way. We're a family and she works at a job that pays her money so that our family has money to do the things we enjoy and want to do. I stay at home and take care of you two.

Him: Well....it's not like YOU have a job. You are just with us all day.

At this point I handed him the phone and said "Go ahead and call Mom and ask her who *she* thinks has the harder job."

No surprise to me, Dakota told him that I absolutely have the hardest job.

It's nice to know I make it all look so easy though, isn't it? :)

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh I love it...you must make it all look so easy because I have only an inkling of how hard your job really is. So glad Dakota backed you up with the truth! :)

Brenda said...

Little does he know! In truth we are over worked and under paid! :o)

Jojo said...

Someday they will understand, but probably not until their cleaning poop out of their own children's car seat.
grins,
jojo

Angele said...

LOL
That's great that Dakota let him know she agrees with you. :)

Unknown said...

how funny! wait til he gets older and realizes how cool it is that he has such a hard working momma!

Casey said...

Tracey: Me too. Though I knew she would. She is always saying "I don't know how you do this. I know I never, ever could!" :)

Brenda: AMEN!

JoJo: I know I never understood until I was the parent. :)

Angele: :)

Audra: I hope he does recognize that when he is older. Time will tell.

Perrin said...

Lovely! It is a hard and wonderful job. It's great to be appreciated by your partner though.

Monogram Queen said...

Yes it is awesome that you make it all look so easy and even more awesome that Dakota told him you have the hardest job! I am in agreement with Dakota completely. I've often said I could not be a SAHM.

Kristen said...

Remind him of this conversation when he's a dad!

Unknown said...

heh, good job on making it look easy.
Kids... one day they'll grow up and understand

Froggymama said...

It's so funny because Kelton probably just assumes that you do the same stuff he does, and how hard is it to be a kid? Don't you just color all day, watch videos and slide down the slide? It's like when my single friends call and ask what I'm doing today, my usual response is "eating bon-bons and watching Oprah!"

Casey said...

Perrin: Yes it is! :)

Patti_Cake: I sure don't think I make it look easy. Clearly I need to complain, moan and groan *much* more loudly. *laughing*

Kristen: I plan to do just that! :)

Christie: Thanks! :)

FroggyMama: Love your response! I might have to steal it. :)