Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Time Changes Everything

It's early this year but the time change is coming! Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.

Personally speaking, in our house the time change begins to take place Friday afternoon that way we all have a couple days to make the shift before Monday hits. One day just never seems like enough time to adjust - it never did. Dakota and I would start shifting time early years before we had kids schedules to factor in.

I don't so much enjoy the whole "springing forward" thing. Truth is, now that I am *ahem* getting older, I'm not enjoying either time change (I used to really love falling back an hour). What's the point in modern society anyway? And what would happen if we all just said "No. This is ridiculous."?

Springing ahead just means one hour less of mattress time and I just don't enjoy that. I get precious little sleep as it is and it just seems cruel to take more away.

But no one really asked me what I thought of the whole thing, did they? I know all the moms of young kids can relate though.....trying to get your kids to adjust to going to bed an hour earlier is NOT easy. Truth is, it is downright frustrating. I've got a good routine in place right now and it's about to be turned on its head. Grrrrrrr.

Happy Almost Spring Ahead Day, everyone.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm with you ... let's sleep on it!

Monogram Queen said...

The hubs is delighted with the spring ahead cos' he likes to putter around in the yard til' 9:00 or so but he forgets what a b*tch it is trying to get Madison bathed and going to bed by 8 pm like she's supposed to when it's still light outside. I am not looking forward to it AT ALL.