Monday, March 17, 2008

So Much To Do

I can't believe how fast the weeks are flying right now. Easter is this coming Sunday and then it is a fast slide to Dakota's and my 13th wedding anniversary, Kelton's birthday and then Dakota's birthday. There are also several other family birthdays thrown in there. March has already been cram-packed with birthdays and there are still more to come. WOW!

I need to get to work on Kelton's birthday invitation. I had thought about taking the easy way out and using Evite but when I asked Kelton if that would be ok he really wanted to have a card with his picture on it "You know Mom - the kind you always make." I can't say no to that. I don't make their cakes so the least I can do it get off my lazy butt and make their invitations. His birthday theme is art and we found a great Crayola cake at a local grocery store. So my job now is to create an invitation that reflects his party theme.

I'm not surprised by his theme choice. If you know one thing about Kelton it is that he LOVES art. All things art related - pens, crayons, paint (oh good heavens especially paint), chalk, colored pencils, papers, stickers, etc. He has a completely abstract style which I love. No coloring in the lines for this kid - oh no! It's bold strokes and lots of color mixing. It's getting his hands into everything and messing around with textures. When he was little he would literally paint his entire body and, if given half the chance, I'm sure he still would.

So I have his party to deal with and figure out and I also want to do something special for Dakota for our anniversary. I have some plans in mind - I need to just carve out the time to begin working on it.

So what the heck am I still doing here? I have no time for blogging - my To Do list is growing my the minute. :) I guess I better get to it. Tick Tock.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Early Anniversary it will be 14 for us. Aren't we lucky to be with our special someone's so long? It just gets better & better.