Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The List

I'm a list shopper. If it isn't on the list chances are more than 95% it will not be bought. I have been known to use this on (or is that against?) the children; "I'm sorry honey but it isn't on the list so maybe next time."

Apparently Kaylen has had enough of my list. This weekend, while we were stopped in an aisle trying to decide which food options from Kelton class list we were going to buy, Kaylen grabbed a bag of candy off the shelf. When we attempted to remove it from her hands and put it back, she looked up with big eyes and said "No. 'Dis on my list!"

We decided to let her have the treat (well - we all are sharing in it).

Fast forward to today. After dropping Kelton off at school we headed off to pick up a few needed things. Upon walking into the store, Kaylen spies a bin full of Easter stuffed animals (friends, as she calls them). She went over and selected the most cuddly sheep I have ever seen. She looked at the sheep, she looked at me and she said "Ooooh...'dis is definitely on my list!"

She named her new friend "Little Lamb" as in "Mary had a little lamb..."



We are in serious trouble....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! seriously Casey could she be any cuter!? I must say you ARE introuble! :) LOL so funny!

SassyFemme said...

Oh I'm laughing so hard, this is SO funny!

Mimi said...

OMG soooo cute…they learn by what they see…Now I am just the opposite I can go to the store just for a ONE thing and come home with out that item and three bags full of shit…if I use a list I just leave it at home…lol

Tanya said...

Too cute! Love the picture too. It looks like she loves her Nuby as much as J. ;)

Monogram Queen said...

Girl you better nip it in the bud *grin* As if!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. That is so funny!

Heidi

Stacey said...

Hahaha that is so adorable and yes, you're in for it now. ;) She's very smart!

Brenda said...

Soooooooo Sweet!

Caroline said...

LOL. How cute. Although I imagine this won't be so cute when she is a teenager saying it's on her list.

Laura used to hate to go shopping with me because I would always add things to the cart.

Sheri said...

Oh my, has she figured out how to work the cuteness factor, or what! :-)