Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

It's spring break for Dakota (though not for Kelton...which kind of sucks (his is next week). It would be more fun to have the same time frame off of school. Not that it really matters since Dakota still works all day but still...) so she took the afternoon off of work and well went to the movies and saw "Horton Hears a Who".

It was cute though not as cute as I had hoped and about midway through I was ready to call it good (though a good bottle of wine from my friendly wine club would have made it much better!). The kids seemed to like it but both got fidgety at different points along the way (unlike Enchanted which kept their attention almost the entire time). At the end of the movie Kelton could be heard saying "That was good! We have to buy it when it comes out!"

It was just really good to be out as a family and enjoying being together. We don't get a lot of time together so any and all is definitely time well spent!

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Family time is good no matter what you are doing. I want to take Maddie to a movie so bad but I want it to be one she will enjoy. I did not even entertain Horton

Melanie said...

Oh, darn - I hope you didn't have false expectations because of me! Our family LOVED it (or maybe I was just so relieved that Evan did sooooo well for his theater experience). Well anyway, the family time is the part that's priceless. :)