Monday, February 05, 2007

Water Baby

Remember back in August when Kaylen developed a fondness for playing in the kitchen sink? Remember when I thought she would outgrow it or forget about it? Umm...yeah...never happened.

Not a day goes by that she isn't begging to get into the sink to play in the water. And it's a rare day that don't oblige. She is just so gosh darn cute sitting in there playing. She asks for cups and then one by one she fills them up, places them on the counter and puts the lids on them. Secretly, or maybe not so much secretly, I love this game of hers. It freezes her in time for me and let's me forget that on Saturday my baby is turning two.

Then:




Now:




WOW! It's hard to be in denial when you look at the sets of pictures together. She has grown like crazy!!!!! Impossible.

8 comments:

Froggymama said...

What a cutie-pie!!! Isn't it great to really enjoy life through them? Their simple fascinations are hilarious and so delightful!

Sonya said...

Water play is so much fun! I'm glad she's still enjoying it so much.

Mystic said...

She is soo adorable!! :) I love the pics!

Hugs!

Caroline said...

So cute. It is amazing to see how much she has grown in the last six months. I wonder how much longer she will be able to play in the sink? :)

Casey said...

froggymama: Thanks! And yes, seeing life through their eyes has got to be one of the biggest joys ever. :)

Tracey: Water is our best friend around these parts. Both kids love the stuff! And thanks for the compliment on my header. Just a little soemthing I whipped up last night. :)

Sonya: Thanks! Me, too.

Mystic: Thank you! :) I love when other kids think my kids are cute. It does a mama's heart good. :)

Caroline: I'm thinking by the time she is six I may have her out of there. LOL!!! :)

kurlokids said...

Casey,
I have a pic of my little guy in the sink doing just that! Isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen? You are right when you say it freezes in time for you, it is just one of those things you will always look back at and smile.
She is cute, cute, cute.
Amy

Brenda said...

She is soooo adorable!! :o)

I like you new header too!

Casey said...

Amy: Thank you! :)

Brenda: Are you proud of me? I figured out how to post it all by myself. :) :) :)