Thursday, February 22, 2007

Coming Soon!



So we did it. We bought a wooden play structure for the backyard. It's not one of those super fancy ones by Rainbow but it fits our budget (well - with a little stretching and adding in the kids birthday money from people) and will be perfect for our needs.

The kids and I went down to the store and purchased it yesterday and we will pick it up on Saturday. Dakota and I will build it as soon as we can - and as soon as weather permits. It isn't supposed to be all that great of a weekend rain-wise but hopefully it will be ok enough that we can work on it. If not, it will have to wait for a weekend when the weather cooperates. Try explaining *that* concept to an almost 5 year old and a 2 year old.

The kids are so excited - Kaylen keeps yelling "Swiiiiing...........SET!" I love how it sounds like two distinct words. :) Kelton is already planning out his guest list for playdates once it is up.

While it's true we have a lot of smaller yard toys, there is precious little for above three year old set. We have one swing - a toddler airplane style- and the kids fight like crazy over it. Kelton is too big for it and his feet drag on the ground; not to mention it is crazy trying to pick him up high enough to get him into it. I just knew I couldn't go through another spring and summer with only one swing and two swing-crazed kids.

So...we did it. Since it was on sale, and since we have our IRS refund, we jumped with both feet and bought one. And you know what? I'm almost as excited as the kids. :)

12 comments:

Caroline said...

How fun!! Can I come over and play????

Casey said...

Yes you can - that would be great! I'll add you to the guest list. :)

momtothreeboys said...

Very cool looking indeed. Wish we HAD a backyard to put something like that - well, we ARE looking. Hey, does it come with that lady in the picture who looks like she's having a grand time supervising all those kids? ;-)

Brenda said...

I love it!

Casey said...

Ivy: Don't I wish! You know though - I would have gladly paid more for that. :) Backyards are good - really, really good.

Brenda: Thanks! Me, too. At least I love the picture of it. Considering the weather forecast, it will probably be a while before I can love it in real life.

Laura said...

That is so wonderful! I love those sets, too. I like them so much better than the old metal sets (though those are cool, too).

I notice C. is on the guest list, but honestly I think Kelton would prefer to play with me. LOL

Casey said...

Laura: Kelton says to go ahead and add you to the list, too. He thinks the both of you together deserve your own special playdate with him. Somehow, I think he is vying for all the attention he can get. :)

Kristen said...

Cool! The kids will love it. Let me just say, though, that you'll most likely need more than just D putting it together, like you and/or at least one other person. We had, um, 4 putting ours together.

Casey said...

Kristen: Good to know! I had planned to work on it as well so we'll just have to hope the two of us can do it. I'm sure we can - well..I'm sure we'll have to. :)

Caroline said...

OK, it's been more then 48 hours since you have posted. :):) Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Casey said...

Caroline:
You crack me up! We're still here muddling through. We've been busy trying to build the new play structure which is not without severe challenges when you have two little ones underfoot. Dakota is doing the lions share of the work in the pouring rain. It's 40 degrees here which tends to really feel cold when you are wet and standing in a mud puddle.

It's all going much, much slower than anticipated. The booklet said it would take 6-12 hours to build - but I'm pretty sure they didn't add having kids "helping" into that estimate.

Yesterday I actually said "Man I sometimes wish I had a husband with a bunch of big burly friends to do this type of stuff. Then I could stay inside where it's all nice and warm and CLEAN while the men did all the dirty work." Of course, a bunch of outdoor loving lesbians would be fine too - as long as *I* didn't have to be out in the mud. :)

So there you have it. I've been taking photos along the way so sooner or later, I'll be able to share the whole project with you. :)

Thanks for checking on me. :)

Gandksmom said...

We did get a Rainbow system and I can't really tell the difference between what you got and the Rainbow to be honest! They will have so much fun this summer. Our's is covered in snow right now, but both Gillian and Katie love to play on it all summer long! Ours has weathered because we bought it when we first bought our house. It's still the neighborhood attraction!