Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Spin Art


Remember this from when you were a kid? Dakota and I sure do and when we say it at Toys to Grow On we knew we had to get it for Kelton for Christmas.

Tonight Kaylen decided that she simply had to do art and there was no way of getting around it. Spin Art is just the thing she wanted to do. I was skeptical as she had only been a casual observer in past Spin Art sessions but thought "Why not let her try?"

Check her out! She had a blast. :) When I took the photos, the spinner was going at full tilt - I think it's pretty darn amazing how clear, and still, the paper look in the photos. She was so proud of herself and I have to say, her art turned out really amazing! I guess it's official: I have to artsy kids on my hands. :)

7 comments:

Patti_Cake said...

I never saw Spin Art before but it looks fun. She's doing GREAT!

Dakota said...

So fun! She looks like such a big girl. That is exciting and sad, still I am so happy for her. Send me the one with the big, cheesy grin so I can put in on my computer :)
Love you!
Happy Valentine's Day!
-D

Sonya said...

Ahh yes... spin art! So much fun.

If you haven't, you should also try doing string art and marble art.

Brenda said...

That looks like so much fun. I've never seen a spin art before.

Thanks for the gift idea!

One Boys Mom said...

That smile directly into the camera - model material. You MUST send me a copy of that one!!!

Mieke said...

She looks so happy in that last picture. What a great idea. I'll have to get that for the boys.

Casey said...

Patti_Cake: Seriously? You've never seen it before? It looked different when I was a kid but same basic premise. It is so much fun and, believe it or not, it doesnt' make that much of a mess. Always a plus! :)

Dakota: Yeah - it is bittersweet to see her doing big kid things but she is so delighted with herself that it takes some of the sting out. I sent the photo for you.

Tracey: It is SO much fun!

Sonya: Want to share more about string art and marble art? We do the paint puddles on a sheet of paper in a pan and roll marbles through it to make cool designs. Is that what you are talking about? Do share - I'm always looking for easy, fun craft projects since my kiddos live for art time.

Brenda: Glad I could help! :)

DeclansMom: Are you going to scrap it or frame it and hang it on the wall? LOL!! :)

Mieke: Definitely a fun project for kids. I can still remember how my 4 siblings and I would huddle around ours and do it. So much fun!!