Tuesday, February 27, 2007

New Pages

Wow - my scrapbooking skills are feeling rusty tonight. I guess that's what happens when you don't do something for a few weeks. I'm not as "in love" with these pages as I have been with pages in the past but I'm pretty happy with them. I clearly need to "get my groove back" though.

I used to scrap every night after the kids were in bed but lately, I've been spending the hours between kid bedtime and Dakota arriving home from school to catch up on the many blogs I read. I'm not sure how it happened but I'm finding the list of blogs I read increasing exponentially. So much for my goal of parring down. :)

So - without further ado; here they are:

credit: Grey Day kit and calligraphy heart by Shawna Clingerman

Journaling reads:

Your first time flying a kite all by yourself!! You were so proud as the kite soared higher and higher. The rain was falling from the sky and the wind was blowing but you held steady. The joy on your face was incredible and the excitement in your voice made both Mama and me laugh. Each and every time we watch you experience something for the first time we are reminded of how precious, and how fleeting, childhood really is.

So fly kites, baby boy. Fly then often and fly them high because you, my love, were made to soar!


credit: Cabana Boy kit by Dani Mogstadt

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Great pages! I really love the one of Kaylen in the rain. What great colors and lay out! The picture is perfect for it. :o)

Sonya said...

Rusty or not, they turned out great. You have a gift that the kids will surely treasure for years to come.

Unknown said...

Your pages ROCK, as always. You could make big bucks scrapping for people, I hope you know that.