Monday, February 26, 2007

And In Other News......

Kaylen had her 2 year well child visit Friday and it went oh so much better than her one year (as you may remember that is when her heart murmurs were detected and due to her breath holding stuff, we were immediately referred to a cardiologist).

She is a healthy little girl - weighed in at 26lbs and 33 inches tall. She had her second Hep A vaccine and while she didn't enjoy the experience, she rebounded pretty quickly. She shouldn't need any vaccines, except for the flu, until her 4 year appointment. I can't say I'm sad about that. :)

Children's Growth Chart Percentiles Calculator lists her percentiles as follows:

At 24 months:
your child is 26 pounds, and that is
at the 40th percentile for weight.

your child is 33 inches, and that is
at the 25th percentile for height.

For those of you who are familiar with the whole "percentile" game, what it means (supposedly) is that in a room of 100 twenty-four month old girls, there would be 60 kids who weigh more than she does and 75 kids who are taller.

Even though she isn't *that* small, she is quite a change for us since Kelton was (and remains) in the 95th percentile across the board from the day he was born. So for us, she is tiny. :)

13 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your new banner!

It's funny how siblings can be so different not only in personality, but physically as well!

Monogram Queen said...

Maddie is 30 months and smaller than Kaylen. She has pulmonary stenosis but is doing well but I think that contributes to her smallness. Congrats on the great 2 year check up!

Casey said...

Brenda: Thanks for noticing! I thought I would freshen it up a bit. :)

Patti_Cake: Wow. That sounds scary. I don't know anything about that condition. Looks like I need to do some goodling. Thank goodness she is doing well!!!!

Casey said...

Okee doke - I just did some quick reading. I didn't find anything that refers to children being smaller than their peers as a side effect but I wonder if it's because her heart is working harder and therefore burning more calories and shifting the bodies focus from growth to making sure the heart is doing its job.

Maybe I'm way off. If you'd like to share, I'm all ears. I am really, really glad she is doing well.

Mona said...

Or in Quinn's case:
4 1/2 years old weighs 28 pounds

Campbell:
2 years old weighs 28 pounds


Oh well

Casey said...

Mona: In the end, all that matters is they are healthy. They are and for that, we are ALL blessed!

Casey said...

PS...Mona: I'm glad you are here! :)

Dee said...

Yeah Kaylen. Love your header. I'm now off to see where you've got your pages posted.

Dee said...

I can't find where your pages are posted. Help! I want to see your work.

Casey said...

Dee,
They are splattered throughout the blog. I post them on whatever day I created them. I still have the Addicted to Scrapping blog at http://addictedtoscrapping.blogspot.com/ however I stopped posting the new plages there. Sept 17th is the last page. So...you can travel through the archives here from Sept to current or I can send you the links to each page posting. I'm happy to do that for you. Just let me know. Sadly, I haven't done a page in a few weeks. Anyway, feel free to email me directly at casey784@comcast.net. Talk with you soon.

Dee said...

Thanks Casey. No need to send to me individually. I scan through your posts. Thanks!

Froggymama said...

Congratulations on Kaylen's well baby visit!

Casey said...

Dee: If you check out my scrap blog, I went ahead and posted links to all the pages. You actually were the second person today to ask about the pages so figured I would post an update to let people know where the pages are located. :)

FroggyMama: Thanks! :)