Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Story of Floam

Yep - you read that right. Floam.

In a moment of weakness I did something I swore I would never do.....I gave in and ordered my child something he saw in a commerical. Darn that NickJr station! Why must they have so many commercials? I'm usually good about skipping commercials since we record all shows on the DVR but lately I've been lax and the prince has been finding his own shows to watch (the kid is so smart that he knows how to work the DVR menus and pick shows for himself). In my defense, I am busy tending to the baby during these times. :)

Anyway, this morning I heard him play the same commercial over and over and over and over. Pretty soon he comes running out to get me; "Mama! Come see something really cool!" I follow him back and watch the commercial. He says "I really, really want that." I say "Not today. Maybe you could ask Santa or hey - I know, maybe it can be your prize when you are all potty trained!"

The prince dissolves into tears. "Nooooo Mama! I really really want it. Realllllllly!! Some kids even in diapers get to have it." I say "Honey, I'm not even sure what you'd do with it." to which my smart child starts telling me all the things he can do with it and how much fun he would have and how it would keep him busy when I was putting baby sister to sleep.

I say "You're right - that does sound like fun but not today." Oh my - the water works that boy can come up with. He just broke my heart into a million pieces and I could tell that he had really given this a lot of thought as usually with this situation I say "Nope - not today." and that's it....not the case with the Floam.
Heck, we can take the prince to the toy store with every intention of letting him pick out a toy and 9 times out of 10, he will decide not to. It's really not like he asks for everything he sees. I had to give him credit for that - he's always been super good about hearing "No honey, not to day."

So.....I went to the website to check it out and finally agreed to order some. Sometime next week I'll be eyeball deep in Floam. Fun. Wanna come over and play? :)

3 comments:

Estelle said...

Oh that stuff is disgusting.
Is it too late to cancel your order (they sell it at TRU).
It's little teeny foam balls (like from a beanbag) held together with colored glue.
You.Will.Regret.This.

Shawna said...

LOL Casey, please, please, please DON'T tell my boys about this stuff...

Hope it's everything the little guy dreamed of and more ;)

Sonya said...

HA... I LOVE the line about... "It sticks to almost anything". Here's hoping that it sticks to ONLY those objects of which YOU the Mom find appropriate. LOL.

What a great Mom you are!