Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Did you hear that?

It's the sound of my heart breaking. This is what the prince said to me today while I was strapping him into his carseat so we could drive home from the park:

"Mommy - I'm sorry I make your life so hard."

I told him that HE didn't make my life so hard but sometimes the behavior he chooses does.

And still....I just wanted to cry.

He and I have really been struggling lately. I know it's typical 3 year old behavior but knowing that doesn't really help in the heat of the moment. He seems to be struggling so hard - being a child isn't as easy as it should be, I guess.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh!

I feel your heart break... but don't think it's all you... normal for three year olds to think about these things.

Sometimes there are just no words for the feelings that being a mom brings...

Hugs Casey!

Jen said...

Ouch.

You and I are in the same place. Today with Athena was just awful awful awful. I hate being so impatient and angry at her or annoyed with her. I wish I could give her time to do everything herself on her own schedule and to do all the fun things she wants to do, but then I have a bajillion other responsibilities I can't just blow off either.

I feel for you.

Mommy said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

its been rough with maggie and i lately too. i've done more screaming than loving lately. its hard being a mom.
huge hugs,
rae