Friday, September 09, 2005

Housekeepers - are they worth the trouble?

Yes. Absolutely. However these is a lot of stress involved in getting ready for the housekeepers to come.

Who knew I would have to spend 90 minutes running around like a mad woman cleaning up before the people paid to clean my house arrive. I know you are probably saying "Get over it." but really.....I had to de-clutter all surfaces, arrange toys, bag up all the bathtub toys, etc. all the while trying to keep the prince from pulling out every game and toy he owns (which I concede....is far too many!).

The good part is I didn't have to scrub the toilets, showers and sinks. I didn't have to mop or vacuum or dust. I didn't even have to do the windows.

So yeah - it's worth it. Now if I could only find a service that would straighten up, put things away and then clean I'd be all set. :)

1 comment:

Sonya said...

That has been my thought. We don't have a housekeeper, but have thought about hiring one. Most of our "cleaning" effort seems to be in finding the house TO clean.