Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Daughter Has A Black Eye

Just pass that Mother of the Year award over here.

Yep - it's true. The princess is sporting a black eye. She has been crawling around like a wild woman these days and this evening was no different. I had her in the kitchen with me while I was doing the dinner dishes. In the blink of an eye she was in the diningroom and in another blink she was screaming. See....we have this step down into the livingroom from both the foyer and the diningroom and it never fails that crawling children take a header (or two, three or four) off the step before they learn to scoot down backwards. She has not yet learned the scoot down backwards.

Unfortunately, she didn't fall off in the open area. No, not my girl. Instead, she took a header off the step and landed face first on the pointer rocker of my antique rocking chair. An eigth of an inch more and I think she might have poked her eye out. As it is, she has a large angry red scratch on her temple and a nice bruise right at the corner of her eye.

Oh yeah - nothing says "I take good care of my kids" like a big old ugly black eye on a 7 month old. *sigh*

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh Casey, I'm sure you feel horrible. It was an accident and she will LEARN that doing that hurts. She'll be okay, and so will you soon. Big hugs!

Laura said...

Poor sweetie!!!! But please don't beat yourself up, these things happen. And nothing beats a cast on an 11 month old to advertise your mothering abilities, uh not that I would know anything about that.