Wednesday, September 21, 2005

For All Of You Who Have Been Wondering....

I went to the doctor today about my depression and other symptoms. The short story is my anti-depressant has been increased to double what it was, they did blood work and a urinalysis to rule out other medical things (like thyroid). I am supposed to work on carving out more time for me, more time for just the prince and me and I am mandated to return in 4 weeks. To assure my return, she only gave me enough antidepressants for the month. Sly fox. Guess that probably had something to do with the part of the conversation about "why'd it take so long for you to come in?" and "because I'm a good liar and I could have convinced you I was doing ok and I guess it took me completely falling apart to realize I had to tell the truth to get the help I clearly need."

Now about that "me" time and time alone with the prince...just how am I supposed to get that?

Next month she is going to give me another goal to work towards. The only issue I can see arising is she is a big fan of crying it out and I'm not. Not sure how I'll deal with that one when it comes up. She said we can tackle the harder things once I'm feeling better about life.

Baby steps. She said we'll work through this all in baby steps.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Casey, I think it is great that you have sought the help you need. That is the hardest thing to do. I know we've talked about PPD before, and if you ever need to talk, I'm here.

Sonya said...

Exactly what Tracey said :).

Estelle said...

glad that you are working on it love. and I am glad that your doc knows you well enough to know that you would put it off for another three months before coming back. good for her for "trapping" you into another visit!
You'll muddle through somehow. And I am not sure if she was referring to the prince or princess in regards to CIO, but I don't normally think it's a good thing either, and if it's not for you, then it's not for you.

Laura said...

Yes, exactly what Tracey said. I wish that there was someone to give you a break.

Anonymous said...

my first thought....was that the "crying it out" thing...was for YOU...for YOU to learn to cry it out. it can't hurt! maybe i need to learn that too. Toby too.