Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Princess Is Having A Bad Night

Poor girl. She is having so much trouble staying asleep tonight. Exhausted, I put her down about 7:30 tonight. She drifted off after talking to me for a bit (it's one of my favorite times of the day with her. As she gets ready to fall asleep, she takes her binky out of her mouth and starts cooing and talking with me. Her eyes are closed and she is snuggled up tight against me) she drifts off.

Twenty minutes later, she's awake. I try to nurse her back down but alas, the prince realizes I'm not in the front of the house and starts yelling "MOM!" "MOMMY" "WHERE ARE YOU??" Over and over and over. That's all it takes - her eyes pop open and she starts to cry. I finally get her settled again and the neighbor starts up his chain saw. She hates that noise (she also can't stand the vacuum cleaner, dust buster or blender) and starts to cry. I close her bedroom window and silently curse the guy who has a chain saw fetish (a regular occurrance in our neighborhood these days).

She *finally* is drowsy enough for me to put her down again. I stay until she quiets down.

D arrives home and she and the prince go to play trains in his room before reading stories and settling in (yes, I let him stay up until she gets home. So shoot me - the boy needs his mommy and she needs him.). I hear them getting a bit loud......and so does the princess (her room is directly across the hall from his). I go back into her room and once again rock my crying child.

She is out again now - hopefully for a few hours. Poor little thing - it's so hard to sleep in this house sometimes.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Casey,

I think it's great that the Prince gets to stay up for D to get home. He definitely needs her and she him. Hopefully for you his sleep routine shifts a bit so he still is rested and not a crazy boy during the day.

Laura said...

I agree with Tracy, you need to take out the guy with the chainsaw. Even when the weather is nice I usually have to close Brendan's window and put on the air because the noise keeps him up. Hugs to you!!!