Monday, September 12, 2005

Banana Bread!

I am making banana bread, are you proud of me? You would be if you knew one key thing about me.....I am no fan of cooking or baking. In fact, it's fair to say I hate it. Ick. I guess I've never seen the fun in it. You work and work and work to make something, you spend 10 maybe 15 minutes eating it and then you have all the clean up to do. Wouldn't it just be easier to pour yourself a bowl of cereal?

Anyway - I have THE best banana bread recipe and it's so easy that even *I* can't mess it up. Ready?

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (can use applesauce and 1TBL oil for lower fat bread)
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)

Mix all up and then combine with:
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

For added fun, feel free to toss in chocolate chips (which I forgot to do for this loaf. Bummer.)

Bake at 325 for 1 hour

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Mmmmmm, sounds yummy!!!!!! We must have both been hit by the Martha Steward gene. I so rarely cook, but I got inspire yesterday to try a recipe that I saw Rachael Ray make on 30 Minute Meals and pulled off the Food Network website for a chicken pot pie without the pie crust. It was goooood!!!!!

Shawna said...

Not a fan of cooking either!!! But sometimes I try to be all homemakey and bake... I agree, I pick the cereal too! :)

Sonya said...

YUMMY! We love banana bread and well we actually like to bake. Ahh... the days pre-kids when the house was filled with the smell of fresh baked bread, cinnamon rolls, pies... okay, I need to stop. There's no way we are making any of this anytime soon.

I hope your banana bread turns out delicious!

Estelle said...

I love banana bread! my total fav! and you MUST load it with chocolate chips. it's the law.
i don't cook... but i am very lucky to be with a master baker... she is an awesome cook, baker, candy maker, cake decorator... oh she makes such yummy stuff. this year will be the first christmas back in fl that we've had a baby living with us... so we'll see how much she does this year since normally she is in charge of ALL thanksgiving and christmas sweets for her ENTIRE family.
I will have her try your banana bread. but of course, she will add chocolate chips.
and she takes great care not to flood my house with cinnamon smells, since then I would have to move out. i will not eat tracey's banana bread.